I made a summer top – the first clothing sewing I’ve done in about twenty years. Even had to put in a zipper!
I recently ordered some more patterns – despite having three file cabinet drawers filled with patterns from the old days. Unfortunately I’ve gotten a little more “mature” in size so many are no longer my size. I hope to do more clothing sewing on a regular basis from now on.
After the Block Gather was so successful, she made arrangements with the organization to accept finished quilts from other quilters. When I heard about this, I knew this was the perfect destination for the Dino Sports 2 quilt since I’d only made it to use up the fabrics and I didn’t have any more young relatives to gift it to. I already had the quilt half way quilted when I bought my new machine so I got to finish the quilting, binding (attached by machine which is the way I bind all my quilts), a pillowcase and the best part, made a monogrammed label for the quilt and donated it in early August for the Basics Quilt Gather.
A quilting friend had given me the book "Two From One Jelly Roll Quilts" by Pam and Nicky Linott (of The Quilt Room in the U.K.) earlier this year. I felt about jelly rolls the same way I did about charm packs so plotted the chance to make one of the projects in the book. The push was – as it often is – a fabric sale, this one by Connecting Threads. They had the 2-1/2” strips and yardage of their “Sweet & Sour” line (and other fabrics) on clearance so I was able to pick up the fabric and backing for this project for a really low price. After I finished the top (“Jigsaw”), I really felt that I wanted to add another border to it.
|Here's "Jigsaw" with the additional border added|
I also finished all the pieced arcs I need for my Double Wedding Ring quilt project which was supposed to have been the project I focused on this summer. Last summer, I had picked out all the fabrics I wanted to use for the ring centers and melons so now I have to do the appliqué for the centers and then cut the centers and melons and attach them to the arcs to create the rings. I’d like to at least get this to the “completed top” stage by the end of this year but you know how that goes – only time will tell.
Well, that catches me up. Hopefully with school started, I can try to post more regularly. Hope your Summer was good and your Fall will be even better!