Thursday, June 26, 2014

Catching Up On June - Part 3: What I'm Working On Now

As noted in the previous posts, I'm trying to get a few more projects on my 2nd Quarter Finish-A-Long list done.  Well, at this point I'll probably only get one more completely done but I'm going to push to also bring a few others to their next level. These projects have me diving back into my Civil War reproduction stash!

The project most likely to get finished is the last of the three journal covers I proposed to finish for the quarter.  It is a relatively small project and is being made up from a pattern in Lori Smith's "Fat Quarter Quilting" book.  So far I've got this much done:


O.k., it doesn't look like much right now but there will soon be four more pieced blocks and some applique added to those borders.

The other 2nd Quarter projects in process are the finishing up of the blocks for two Civil War reproduction lap quilts.  Both are made up of samplers by Kaye England.  The one I've been working on so far is from her Craftsy class "Re-Piecing the Past".  At the start of the quarter, I had three blocks that needed to be finished (the ones on the bottom right).  Now all the blocks for this are done.


This is how the blocks will be laid out:


Next step is to work on the pieced scrappy sashing that will fill in the spaces between the blocks:


However, I may interrupt the sashing work in favor of finishing the four blocks left to be made for the other lap quilt.  I'm hoping to get to those either tomorrow or Friday.

1 comment:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

you are moving along really well on your civil war blocks!