Monday, June 1, 2015

Get It Done! May Recap, June Goals

Well, the month ended much the same way the rest of the month happened in my last post -- nothing much got done on the sewing front in the last week.  The good news is that once again I am looking forward to all the commitments of the last few months finally finishing up.  I have three more events/meetings to attend this week and the last school meeting and event next Saturday and then I'M COMPLETELY FREE!!  My plans as they stand are to spend the rest of the summer fixing up my home, sewing and finally getting starting on a long desired writing project.
 
As such, there are a lot of "NOT DONE's" when reporting on the May Goals list:
 
 1. UFOs:  Quilting on the Civil War lap quilts (now that the machine is back).
 
NOT DONE
However, I am looking forward to using the new Westalee templates talked about in the last post on these tops real soon!
 
2.  Wool/BOMs: Finish stitching last month's block and work on the next block for the wool Ornaments.  For the Heart & Home BOM: I need to decide whether to proceed with finishing it or leaving this one until the Fall. 

PARTIALLY DONE
I did get the ornament I wanted to get done for May cut out in the last week but didn't get to stitch up either the April or the May one.  Only one more ornament to go on this set so I'm hoping to really get back on track with this in June.


NOT DONE
Since I didn't get anything more done on the Heart & Home BOM in May, I'm taking it down off the design wall, making a lot of notes about how I think I want to proceed with this and putting it aside until I start work on Fall projects in either late August or September.

3. Applique:  Would love to work on and finish "Spring Fling" so I can hang it for the season before it's over.  I'm also still debating on whether I will machine or hand applique this one so this may wind up in the next category instead!  

NOT DONE
Didn't do any further work on this and as noted below still need to make some decisions about how to  proceed on it.

3.  Hand Work:  I still want to resume "Slow Sunday Stitching" and finally restart work on my old Quilt-As-You-Go project.  I would also still like to mount the finished Lincoln/Obama Redwork but again no promises on that one.

NOT DONE
The QAYG project may be replaced by "Spring Fling" if I decide to do it by hand.

4. Gift Quilts: Once again, I need, need, need, NEED to start work on the baby quilt!

NOT DONE
Hoping freed up time will clear some space in my plans to finally get to this.

5.  WIP:  Work on Thea's Puzzle, make up quilt sandwiches for the FMQ Mystery at Lori's Inbox Jaunt and plan the Seminole bands for the kitchen curtain project.

NOT DONE
I think finishing up Spring tasks will be a priority this month.

6. New Project: Quilts of Valor: I have long wanted to make some QOVs.  My plan is to try to make one each month for May, June and July in commemoration of Memorial Day and the Fourth of July.  Wish me luck!   NOT DONE.  Not even started but there's still the Summer to catch up!

So the June Goals stay pretty much of the same as for the previous months:
 
 1. UFOs:  Quilting on the Civil War lap quilts.  Can I get these finished once and for all?!?!?
2.  Wool/BOMs: Finish stitching the last two month's ornaments and work on the next block for this month. 
3. Applique:  Work on and finish Spring Fling so I can hang it for the season before it's over.  Now that Heart & Home is tabled until the Fall, I still need to decide whether I will machine or hand applique this one and whether it will temporarily become my Slow Sunday Stitching project.  
3.  Hand Work:  I still want to resume "Slow Sunday Stitching" but still need to decide if it will be with "Spring Fling" or finally restarting work on my old Quilt-As-You-Go project.  I also still want e to mount the finished Lincoln/Obama Redwork in the Red, White and Blue room so maybe I can bundle that with the QOV work.
4. Gift Quilts: Once again, I still NEED to start work on the baby quilt.
5.  WIP:  Work on Thea's Puzzle, make up quilt sandwiches for the FMQ Mystery at Lori's Inbox Jaunt and plan the Seminole bands for the kitchen curtain project.  Again, more Spring season clean-up.
6.  Quilts of Valor (aka No Longer A New Project): Fortunately because I had planned to work on QOVs throughout the summer months there's still time to make up for the Memorial Day one and still make one to commemorate Flag Day in June and one for the Fourth of July. 

Looking forward to re-focusing on ME for the rest of the Spring/Summer and hopefully have way more interesting things to report in the near future!

No comments: