Wednesday, August 3, 2016

On the Design Wall: Progress!!

August is starting off well!  The project I talked about here is now here:


 The blocks are all done!  Still have to be sewn together to complete the top.  Now it's time to work on a border/borders.  Since I'm using Judy's book "60 Pieced Borders" to make this, I'm trying to decide whether to go with the original border paired with the center....


....or to use one of the other borders designed to go with it....


....or to use a border that is paired with one of the other quilt centers in the book.  Judy has always loved adding multiple borders to her quilts.  Check out this post from her blog from 2009 to see what I mean.  In this post, she talks about how she deals with how tedious it can be to make borders once she's finished the top --- she makes the borders first!!

Well since that's not an option for me at this point, I'm faced with decisions, decisions......

No comments: