Monday, January 29, 2018

En Provence and Ringo Lake Update: Blocks on the Wall and the Table

It's another Moving It Forward Monday moment!
 
http://emsscrapbag.blogspot.com/2018/01/moving-it-forward_29.html
 
I'm linking up once again with everyone over at Em's Scrapbag with the progress from last week.  Fortunately for me, the momentum from the previous weeks held.  This time the work on the 2016-17 Bonnie Hunter mystery "En Provence" took precedence because I really wanted to get the last of the blocks and all vertical sashing units pieced.
 
 
 I now have a wall full of wonderfulness!  Now it's on to getting the pieces in the horizontal sashing rows pieced together - that's why they look so off line in the photo. 
 
As I have throughout the mystery quilt season, I used the block piecing for one mystery quilt as a leader/ender for the other one I'm working on.  Here's the progress on this year's "On Ringo Lake" blocks:
 
 
So the good news there is I got a bunch of those blocks done too.  I'm hoping to keep piecing a little of both each day but the work may slow a bit while I squeeze in some other things. 
 
Now that the block piecing is under control, I'd like to try to also get a start on my big 2018 goals.  My plan for the year was to work on big "Bucket List" projects and I had two I wanted to get started for this quarter but with focusing on the mysteries, I've already used up a month of that time!   Fortunately the first one is a hand work project so I can continue to piece the mystery quilts as I set the hand work project up.
 
I've  shown you mine, now you can show me yours!  Link up what's been making your machine hum all week over at Em's Scrapbag for some "Moving It Forward Monday" fun! 
 
 

3 comments:

Rebecca Grace said...

It sounds like you are very organized with that game plan! If I tried to piece two different quilts at the same time I’m pretty sure I would get confused and sew a piece from quilt A onto Quilt B’s block by mistake! Your En Provence looks fantastic.

Adventurous Quilter said...

It's looking fabulous 😍

Lynette said...

Looking GOOD!!! Both of these are going to be absolutely gorgeous