Saturday, December 28, 2019

Were You Frolicing On Friday?

Things were so busy last week, the only thing mystery related I was able to do was to pick up  Part 4 of Frolic.  With my Seven Days of New Years session now in full swing, I'm taking some time to play catch up on the mystery fun.  Bonnie dropped the latest part yesterday so you can go see Part 5 right here!


Last week Bonnie had also shared the good news that because of her busy schedule since the start of the mystery, she's extending the availability of the Frolic instructions until February 14!  So extra time to either pick them up or join in!

Because I had to focus on finishing up the quilt I made for my MIL for Christmas (and you can see my post about that here), I didn't get much of my own mystery work done on "Old Tobacco Road" during the period leading up to Christmas.  I had only been able to get ten more OTR Part 2 HSTs made.


However I did make the decision to start putting together the pinwheel units that get made from the HSTs which is also a step in Part 2.  The HSTs in the Pinwheels have to be the same color so I realized it might be better to start making them now before I finish making all the HSTs just in case there were colors of HSTs I need to focus on.


Now that the holiday flurry has subsided and as I work on the 7DNY projects, I've been generating more pinwheels as I leader/ender them.


This week the "Frolic Folks" are once again working on HSTs for their Part 5 so I too can continue following in their footsteps and try to finish up mine.  So what are you doing to "Frolic" this week?  Picking up parts, following along or even sewing (and finishing) your own "Frolic" parts?  Whatever it is, have fun as we move headlong to New Year's Day.  I hope you have big plans for 2020!

1 comment:

Vireya said...

There are so many Frolic HSTs that you will have plenty of opportunity to make those Tobacco Road pinwheels!