Thursday, September 29, 2022

Ending the Month on a High Note.......

 Scrap Happy Progress

During the past week, I have continued with the American Patchwork & Quilting Magazine quilt along......

This week we had to continue making the larger "B" blocks.


For two of the new blocks, I did try just making the larger "B" blocks as one big unit rather than making four smaller "A" units first.  As I had suspected, it takes about the same amount of time as making the smaller blocks first and then combining those although the pressing is much easier.  

Next week is scheduled as a "catch up" week and I sure need that!  I figured out that I need to try to make two blocks a day for the rest of this week and the next to even come close to what is called for in the design.  Of course, that assumes I plan to make a bed sized quilt as in the pattern.  We'll see as I continue making these blocks if I choose to do that or make it a different size instead.  

Christmas Quilts Progress

Temecula Quilt Co. 12 Days Mini Quilts

All the tops are done!


The backs and binding fabrics are also picked out.  Now to think about how I want to quilt them.

Painless Borders Christmas Ribbons (aka Trees and Stars) 

With the mini quilt tops done and down off the design wall, the tree blocks could now go up.  Next step is to start making the border blocks but since I already had a new project cut out (more on that later in the post), that jumped into the leader/ender queue before I could get started on those.   

Garden Art Show Rained Out!!  

Well actually, Sunday morning dawned cloudy with it expected to be overcast all day and a possible chance of rain during the time of the event.  The garden's Steering Committee made a decision early that morning to cancel the show and reschedule it for this coming Sunday.  Since my DH and I were already on the schedule to volunteer for the opening shift that day, it's a win-win for us! 

As they say, I was "all packed up with no where to go!" but on the plus side, I'm already prepped for this weekend!  On the downside, there are forecasts of possible rain for this weekend as well due to Hurricane Ian.  So we'll see if the show does go on!

Adding Some Fall Quilts to the Mix  

I'm never one to resist starting a new project!  With September now coming to a close, I am of course turning to Fall decorating.  I already have some Fall colored quilts and a few more that I want to make or finish (a pumpkin applique couch pillow, in that last case).  

However there are also some new things of interest around and one of those is Pat Sloan's "Thankful" wall hanging from her latest book "Holiday Hoopla".  I loved the idea of making Pat's wall hanging to hang at the top of our entry staircase and I checked to see if I already had enough fall fabrics in stash to start this one up.  Good news, it turns out I did!

More good news is that it only took a few dies and now the fabrics are all cut and ready for leader/ender sewing!

I look forward to the warm glow of the colors of the season filling my sewing space for the next few months!  So I'm all ready for the start of October, are you?

2 comments:

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Hi, I just read through a bunch of your posts and realized we share a lot of the same interests. I've added you to my reading list and look forward to reading more about you and your stitchy projects. It is sunny and cool here in Ontario this morning. Just walked my dog and now catching up on reading. Hope your day is going well too.

Vireya said...

The quilt-along blocks look great!

Hope the rescheduled garden show was a success.