Saturday, February 11, 2012

February NewFo is a Flimsy!

Once again, I have another project for the NewFo list at the end of the month. 



I am supposed to be working on UFOs but this time I have a good reason for this diversion:  this top is going to be quilted and donated to the BASICS Quilt Gather for the upcoming March distribution day.  Last summer Victoria Findlay-Wolf of Bumble Beans, Inc. and quilt designer Pat Sloan teamed up and put out a call for donation quilts for the BASICS organization.  At the time, I already had this top (pictured below) pieced and had planned to quilt it by the November deadline. 


But then I didn't meet the deadline and to make up for it pledged to Victoria to donate two quilts this year as they approached the final 100 quilt goal.  Victoria recently posted an update about the project and an upcoming distirbution day.  Fortunately, the post came just as I was finishing the new top.  So the goal over the next two weeks is to get the two tops I have quilted, bound, washed and mailed out.  For once, going off course has its advantages!

No comments: