Friday, March 6, 2015

March BOMs

So far this year, I haven't been getting to the BOM blocks until the end of the month so I decided to get an early start on them this time.  This way I can focus on the rest of the "Get It Done" list (especially the overdue stuff) for the rest of the month.

I was able to get to the store earlier this week for more Daiwabo fabric so finished the borders on last month's "Heart & Home" block:

Before

After

 I only have three more blocks left for this BOM.  The plan for now is to try to finish them all and the whole quilt this month but we'll see how that goes.  I decided to start with the easiest of the remaining blocks so that at the very least a block for this month is also done.

Block #12 on the design wall.


The next stocking for the "Warm Hands & Feet" BOM is also done for the month:
 
 
 
This was another easy one and I was able to get the embroidery details done by machine again which helped speed things up.  I do have another wool project I had hoped to start but I'm going to try to get the quilting done on my Civil War quilts first so I can finally take them off the "To Do" list.  Hopefully there will time left towards the end of the month for the other wool project.   


No comments: