Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Get It Done! March Recap/April Goals

It's April 1st but this is no April Fools post!  Gathering everything together for a look at what got done in the month that just passed (and so quickly too!!).  Here's what I had hoped to work on for March:

1. UFOs:  Quilting on the Civil War  mini quilts.  DONE! (Details here)


...and lap quilts...  STILL NOT DONE


But hopefully with the minis done and the opportunity to hang them this month, I'll be motivated to get this last big part of this project done.  Only snag right now is that I plan to take my machine in for servicing at the end of this week.  Hopefully I'll get it back quickly.

2.  Wool/BOMs: Continue work on the next block of the wool Ornaments.....  DONE!


..... and the Heart & Home BOM.  The plan was to finish the last three blocks and complete the quilt this month as well.  WELL, AT LEAST THE TOP IS ALMOST DONE!


I still have to add some decorative wool circle appliques to the big corner squares and to the borders but I'm happy to say all the blocks are done.  The backing is in house so I have to give some thought to how I want to quilt this to determine whether to finish it now or wait until later. 

Details on all of March's Wool BOM work can be seen here.

3.  Hand Work:  The plan was to continue "Slow Sunday Stitching" by restarting work on my old Quilt-As-You-Go project.  I'd also hoped to mount the finished Lincoln/Obama Redwork finished in February (see it here) onto the quilt it was made to be added to.  NOT DONE


My excuse this past Sunday was that I attended a quilt show ("busy" was my excuse all the rest of the month!).  Again, hopefully with some of the big projects off my mind I can get back to these now.

4. Gift Quilts: Once again, I need, need, need to start work on the baby quilt (its now long, LONG overdue!!!)  NOT DONE


I bought a pre-cut quilt kit (pictured above) at the quilt show, maybe that will help get me in gear?

5.  New Project/Challenge:  I'm going to cut out two new solids projects because I want to use the leftover stash from them for the FMQ Mystery at Lori's Inbox Jaunt and another solids project down the road.  NOT DONE BUT ONE OF THE FIRST THINGS PLANNED FOR APRIL!

So for April the plans are:

1. UFOs:  Quilting on the Civil War lap quilts (depending on the quick return of my machine).
2.  Wool/BOMs: Continue work on the next block for the wool Ornaments.  For the Heart & Home BOM I will probably just finish up the top details (and leave the quilting for later) because I have a Spring-themed one I'd like to get started on.  
3.  Hand Work:  I'll resume the "Slow Sunday Stitching" an finally restart work on my old Quilt-As-You-Go project.  I still would also like to mount the finished Lincoln/Obama Redwork but no promises on that one.
4. Gift Quilts: Once again, I need, need, need to start work on the baby quilt!!
5.  New Project/Challenge:  While the machine is in for service, it'll be the perfect time to cut out the two new solids projects and use the leftover stash from them for the FMQ Mystery at Lori's Inbox Jaunt and another solids project I'd like to do for Spring.

I don't know about you, but I am welcoming Spring with open arms!  Hopefully Mother Nature will respond in kind soon!!

No comments: