Sunday, January 22, 2017

Slow Sunday Stitching 1/22/17

 
https://kathysquilts.blogspot.ca/2017/01/slow-sunday-stitching_22.html
 
In a little while I'll get to sit and stitch along with everyone else over at  Kathy's Quilts.  This is what's on the agenda for today:


On the right:  I finally finished quilting the "Cardinals" label for my "High Strung" quilt (and that quilt was hand quilted during these sessions last year at this time!) so now it's time to sew it onto the back to complete the "Labels Pledge" I made this year.  On the left:  I'll also be continuing the work on my Quilt-As-You-Go blocks.


Two weeks ago I had prepped ten of these blocks for stitching but only got three sewn up.  Last Sunday although I didn't post, I did sew up two more but also had some other labels to sew on for the pledge.  I'm hoping to get the last five that are ready for stitching done today or during the week at the latest.  When done I'll have twenty blocks finished so can start thinking about sewing them together.  I laid out the blocks I have so far just to see where I am:

 
As noted before, I've got a lot of blocks with red in them so when I prep more blocks for sewing I will be looking to try to vary the colors I use. 

If you want to see what others are working on to keep their idle hands busy, head on over to Kathy's Quilts and join in on the Slow Sunday Stitching fun!  

No comments: