Monday, April 30, 2012

Design Wall Monday 4/30/12

I was supposed to link last week and did a post and then forgot to link!  You can see that post here.  As for last week, another row of arcs are done!


Only two more rows to go and then I can start putting the rows together and work on the borders.

Also I noticed that the applique in the dark brown center was not oriented the way I had originally planned: 

I debated whether I could live with it but found it a little jarring even among all the busyness surrounding it so decided to go ahead, remove the arcs already attached and reposition them.



There, that's better!

To see what everyone else worked on this week, click over to Judy's Patchwork Times blog.  There is always exciting projects happening in the quilt world!

6 comments:

marcella said...

It's looking good. Hope you have a good quilting week and make lots of progress.

AnnieO said...

Beautiful colors and dynamic movement to this quilt. It looks wonderful.

Dogwood Lane Rambles said...

This is such a beauty. I would be so scared to remove an arc and re piece! You are talented and brave.

Miri said...

this is a wonderful dwr!

Vicki H. said...

What a lovely quilt. I love the modern take on such a well know classic quilt. Very nice job. I made a small 4 ring quilt once and that was so hard for me.

One Minnesota Quilter said...

Moving along great! This is such a unique take on the DWR - love it!

Judy