Monday, April 16, 2012

Design Wall Monday 4/16/12

DWR Update

I didn't get to post an update of the blocks finished last week since there was so much going on.  That week was an easy week with only three centers to work on.  That was then:


This past week was a whole 'nother story both for quilting and for life.  I thought the week would be easy due to it being Spring Break for my sons and with my DH on vacation.  Instead it was a week of sickness (just a cold and not me but still...), car repairs and company.  Despite all the unexpected issues, the quilt work must go on (for the sake of my sanity).  So at week's end, this is where I am now:


Whoo, hoo, only three more rows of arcs to add on before I can start putting the rows together!  And this week will be another easy week of only three centers to do (and everyone back to school and work).  The final borders of this will be straight so there are half centers to be added in around the edges before the final border will be put on and that also will have applique applied to it.  I am still estimating it will be June before the top is finished but at least it's still on schedule.

To see all the other the projects that people are working on, click back over to Judy's Patchwork Times blog and take a gander at all the lovely craftiness that goes on in the quilt world every week!

4 comments:

Teri said...

beautiful quilt with your amazing color choices

One Minnesota Quilter said...

I don't believe I have ever seen a wedding ring quilt with applique in the rings - how unique! I love your colors too.
Judy

Eden said...

Very calm and beautiful colors. It will be lovely.

Kim said...

Wow! Stunning...