Thursday, April 5, 2012

This is a Segueway...

 ...and no, not the scooter type!

I made this block for Brenda of the String Thing Along.  She asked on this post for donation to go towards a charity quilt so these blocks will be on their way to Canada(!) tomorrow.  There is also hope that the finished quilt might convince a non-quilter of the beauty of string quilts---oh, that it will be true!  Then we can bring yet another person over to the quilty side!

For me though, it's a warm-up.  I had big hopes that I would have already been participating in the String Thing Along as I have a big, overdue project (do I have any other kind?) that uses strings.  Fortunately, my day is coming real soon.  Stay tuned......

* * * * * * * * * *

Edited to add:  See the finished quilt that was donated here!

No comments: