post). I felt like the new fabric pulled out the center purple and rust stars better and the whole top melded together. I also now felt that the inner border needed to be a print and went through my stash until I found the black and white fabric on the table. But I still felt the corners needed work. So I pulled out another fabric purchased at the New Jersey Quilt Fest show in 2009 (which you can see a peek of in the lower left corner of the picture above):
this blog post by Liz about her new Australian Modern Quilt Guild. Here is the design after the center blocks were all sewn together and I did a final audition of the borders:
And today I have a finished top:
Andinkra Symbols" in some of the open blocks instead of doing the embellishments I had considered before. With one more flimise on the "to be quilted" pile, I think I've reached my tipping point and will be forced to face my fears and rev up my free motion foot!