Saturday, August 23, 2014

Another shot of the design wall....


Got the centers and first borders of the two lap quilts done (the one seen here is Kaye England's  "Civil War Legacy") but have been stalling on adding the final borders.  Hopefully will get to that this weekend because I really need to start on some other projects during next week.

Still trying to use up my scraps, I started in on making the mini quilts I want to add to my display series.  The left one is the "One Patch Doll Quilt" from Kathleen Tracey's "Civil War Sewing Circle" book.  Since I'm working completely from scraps and stash leftovers, I hadn't expected to make a "color for color" copy but it turns out that the scraps I had on hand (some already cut to just the right size), worked it up perfectly so I went with it.  The right one is awaiting a border fabric order and is a free repro table topper pattern from the American Patchwork and Quilting website.

Still so much to do and the summer is winding down.....

1 comment:

Ivory Spring said...

You have the loveliest design wall!!!!! I am loving all those blocks!

You are amazing being able to rotary cut using both your left and right hands!