Monday, February 9, 2015

A Week of Slow Stitching

Mr. Lincoln is done!

I didn't actually stitch on Sunday this week so didn't link up with Kathy this time (however, if you'd like to see what everyone else did, you can check out the link up here).  I had expected that because of things we had to do on Sunday, I might not get to the stitching that day.  Fortunately, I was able to spend a few days during the last week stitching on days when snowstorms gave me the excuse to stay in.

As a result, the stitching for Mr. Lincoln finished.  So now this little redwork project is 3/4s done.  I have one last motif which will hopefully be either partially or fully revealed on next Sunday's report.  Admittedly this has been fun and I definitely see more embroidery projects in my future!

Also slowly moving along is my "Vintage Cherries For Valentines" quilt. 

I added twelve more blocks but still have fourteen left to make before putting the top together.  At this point, I'm running out of room on the design wall and have started taping blocks above it!  With the embroidery up to date, this project will now have to be the focus for the week if it's to be done by Valentines Day.  As usual, fingers crossed to get that done!

No comments: