Sunday, February 1, 2015

Posting Through the Superbowl #2: Getting It Done 2015 - January Recap/February List

So continuing with my Superbowl Day posting and my personal finish challenge for the year, it's time to report in on last month's progress and set the agenda for the coming month.

From the January List:

1.  Get "High Strung Plus 2" to the flimsie stage:  DONE!



2.  Quilt the two Kaye England Civil War lap quilts:  NOT DONE



3.  Quilt the Civil War Minis: NOT DONE

 

4.  Get the first "block" done for a new (personal) BOM:  making up the Warm Hands/Warm Feet ornaments: DONE!



5.  I also want to work on the blocks for another BOM:  continuing the Heart & Home Wool BOM from a few years  ago:  DONE!



6.  This year I also have a number of hand work projects lined up as well a hand quilting UFO that could use a finish.  Hoping to encourage myself to make time for that, I want to try participating in Kathy's Slow Sunday Stitching linkys:  DONE!

 
 
 
7.  I'm also overdue for making up a baby quilt gift so that needs to get done too.  Have stash, need a plan!  NOT DONE
 
 
So here's what I hope to work on for February:
 
1.  UFOs:  Once again, I will try to get to the Quilting on the Civil War lap and mini quilts, this time hopefully with finishes.
2.  Wool/BOMs:  I'll continue to work on the next blocks for the two wool BOMS, finish the Valentine's Table Topper and start on a new one:  another topper that will be a kitchen wall hanging

3.  Hand Work:  I'll continue or finish the "Slow Sunday Stitching" Redwork.  If I finish it, I will restart an old Quilt-As-You-Go project.
 
 
4.  Holiday Quilts:  I'll finish the blocks, top and quilting on "Vintage Cherries".
 
 
5.  Gift Quilts: I need, need, need to start work on the baby quilt (its now long overdue!!!)
 
 I'm off to do some Slow Sunday Stitching and Downton Abbey!
 
P.S. Superbowl Update:  3rd Quarter, Seattle Seahawks ahead of the Patriots 24 -14 

No comments: