Turns out it needed a new spring for the thread cutter mechanism. The good news is that I picked it up yesterday which will be a big help for May!
So here's what was planned and what happened in April:
1. UFOs: Quilting on the Civil War lap quilts.
2. Wool/BOMs: Continue work on the next block for the wool Ornaments.
For the Heart & Home BOM: I will probably just finish up the top details (and leave the quilting for later) because I have a Spring-themed one I'd like to get started on.
STARTED Jan Patek's "Spring Fling" but I didn't get very far! Actually, there will be no wool on this one so I'm taking it out of this category for next month.
3. Hand Work: I'll resume the "Slow Sunday Stitching" an finally restart work on my old Quilt-As-You-Go project. I still would also like to mount the finished Lincoln/Obama Redwork but no promises on that one.
4. Gift Quilts: Once again, I need, need, need to start work on the baby quilt!!
NOT DONE but I bought a kit that might go towards this and I heard from the grandmother of the baby so I may finally get to work on this now that the machine is back.
5. New Project/Challenge: While the machine is in for service, it'll be the perfect time to cut out the two new solids projects and use the leftover stash from them for the FMQ Mystery at Lori's Inbox Jaunt and another solids project I'd like to do for Spring.
3. Applique: Would love to work on and finish Spring Fling so I can hang it for the season before it's over. I'm also still debating on whether I will machine or hand applique this one so this may wind up in the next category instead!
3. Hand Work: I still want to resume "Slow Sunday Stitching" and finally restart work on my old Quilt-As-You-Go project. I would also still like to mount the finished Lincoln/Obama Redwork but again no promises on that one.
4. Gift Quilts: Once again, I need, need, need, NEED to start work on the baby quilt!
5. WIP: Work on Thea's Puzzle, make up quilt sandwiches for the FMQ Mystery at Lori's Inbox Jaunt and plan the Seminole bands for the kitchen curtain project.
6. New Project: Quilts of Valor: I have long wanted to make some QOVs. My plan is to try to make one each month for May, June and July in commemoration of Memorial Day and the Fourth of July. Wish me luck!
"If you do not change direction, you may end up where you're heading." --- Lao Tzu