Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Moving On....

So it's a new month and the design wall is empty...


...scraps from the last project were sorted...


.....the cutting table was cleared....


....and another quilt has been basted.


This is Modern Twist my project from the 2013 Planet Patchwork New Year's Mystery series.  It's been waiting a long time to be completed but this month is its turn.  It was the January pick from my APQ UFO Challenge list.  Over due but not to remain undone!  This is one of three Planet Patchwork mystery tops I have.  All of them are on my UFO challenge list for this year so eventually all will be picked and it would be a big feather in my UFO cap to get them all finished.

While "Twist" is on the quilting table, I'm going to try to start the cutting for a few new projects:


Also since the design wall is empty, I can start laying out the En Provence blocks as well:


As always I've got a long list of what I'd like to do for the month but will have to winnow that down to what I can actually get done as I move forward in the month.  To keep it manageable, I'll tackle it a project at a time, mapping out for each what it will take to get it done and being mindful of opportunities to work on more than one project at a time using the "leader/enders" system. 

With Summer winding down, what's on your "To Do" list for this month?

1 comment:

Val's Quilting Studio said...

It's fun to be in the transition you are in...I find myself there too...I have one project ready to be quilted and am prepping to join Lori Holt SAL.