Monday, February 12, 2018

En Provence and Ringo Lake Update: More Progress!

Once again, I am joining the crew over at Em's Moving It Forward Monday!
 
http://emsscrapbag.blogspot.com/2018/02/moving-it-forward_12.html
 
 As before, it's been "all Bonnie Hunter, all the time" around here in terms of the projects I've been working on.  While the stitching lately hasn't been as consistent as in previous weeks, what was accomplished on the days I did sew helped me hit two milestones.  For the "En Provence" mystery, I've got the center of the top all sewn together:
 
 
Now there's only a few rows of border units to be sewn and this top will be finished! 
 
For "Ringo Lake", I've got half of the total number of blocks needed sewn up:
 
 
It's gratifying to see the block stack growing, this one could also be a top by the start of Spring. 
 
At one point I needed something else to leader/ender to push those other two through so I pulled out some strips and was able to finish another Scrappy Trips block!
 
 
These have been fun to make and I look forward to the day when this one can become the main project.
 
I had planned to only sew a few of the mystery blocks a day but once the "En Provence" rows started coming together, I was anxious to see the center get done so pushed forward to getting a whole row done on those days when I did get to sew.  I have an idea for slightly altering the borders for it so finishing the borders may move a little slower than the rows did.  So once again, I'm hoping to try to finally start on my big 2018 goals.  
 
Up to now I've been stalled on moving forward with my wholecloth project but have found a resource that seems to have the inspiration I was looking for to help me take it in the direction I want to go.  With any luck, that project will be the subject of next week's "Move It Forward" post.  Fingers crossed! 
 
 
Now, I'm going to go check out what other people have been working on all week.  Join me over at Em's Scrapbag and see who's sharing something on today's "Moving It Forward Monday"! 

1 comment:

Julie said...

Goosebumps here, but the same quilting book is on my chair here beside me along with "Amish Quilts and the Welsh Connection". I've been investigating local influences on quilting styles in the Amish and Mennonite community, and these books were recommended to me a few weeks ago. Not to mention my En Provence blocks spread out in the studio, and I just finished another Scrappy Trip. Too cool, huh?

The Welsh Quilts book has lovely quilting diagrams in it, I think, and I'm looking forward to seeing how you incorporate them into a whole cloth quilt. Small world. Thanks for sharing.