Monday, November 26, 2018

It Has Begun...And So Have I!

Today is the first link-up for Bonnie Hunter's new mystery "Good Fortune"!


When I last looked there was almost 120 people with scads of four patches (the first units) already pieced -- yikes!  I was most interested in those that were working in alternate color schemes and clicked over to see why they chose the colors they did.  The most common reasons: a quilt intended for someone specific (so needing a particular color scheme) or "it's what I had the most of in stash".  As always, at the reveal we'll see just how interesting those color schemes work out to be.

No, you won't see me there, as I noted on the last post, I'm sitting this one out because one of the things I want to focus on finishing are the last two mysteries ("En Provence" and "On Ringo Lake").  Both are tops but need their backings (and labels!!) prepared.  At this point in my planning, those are projects for next year.

Oh and yesterday, Bonnie shared a virtual trunk show of all the quilts from her new book "String Frenzy".  Ohhh, I already see a few I'd like to make!   Given the list of Bonnie projects I'm already planning to work on (for that too you can see my last post), I expected to wait awhile before getting the book.  Yeah, well now that the fires of interests have been stoked (or is that a "Squirrel Moment" has been been ignited?!?), we'll see how long I can hold out before I feel compelled to buy it!

For today though, it was time to get back on the horse.  So first up, after the Thanksgiving holiday is over....


 ...the quilt studio (a.k.a. the dining room) goes back to its previous condition.


Well almost it's previous condition --- there's a lot of stuff that was under that cutting table that had to go  upstairs until company left!  I'm going to keep it all up there for a while and only bring down what I want to focus on each week until the end of the year.  One of those right now is my "Scrappy Trips" blocks.  My goal with this now is to make blocks daily for at least the next two weeks and then try to get them to a top.  What I had so far went back up on the design wall:


This is as far as I got on the block for today:


Well, hopefully I can make up for that tomorrow by sewing this together and then getting another block completely done.  I really need to try to stay on track with this one because I've got quite a few other projects I'd like to also tackle before the year ends!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Vivian,

Your posts are so inspiring!
You are slowly pulling me back to quilting and the sewing machines :-)

best wished for a lovely holiday season!