Friday, November 25, 2022

The Quiltville Mystery Season Starts Now!

 🎶It's the Most wonderful time of the Year! 🎵

For this quilter that means, it's time for Bonnie Hunter's Quiltville Mystery to start!!

This year's mystery is called "Chilhowie Mystery" and she is once again highlighting a town in her area of Virginia.  The name has Native American origins and in the Cherokee language means "valley of many deer".  As always, Bonnie provides a color palette that you can follow for the mystery or vary from it as you choose.  She says that this year's palette is influenced by flowers, namely the variety of colors of the Fashion Queen bearded Iris.  

The introduction to the mystery can be viewed here and Part 1 dropped on her blog today and is here.  You will be able to download the individual parts each week for free until the mystery ends in January.  If you prefer to get them all at one time, you can wait until after the mystery is over.  Bonnie will take them down from her blog and compile them into a single pattern that can be purchased from her website shop. 

For me, this is another one that I will download but sit out from making until later.  What I am hoping to finish during this mystery period is working on "Roll, Roll, Cotton Boll", one of her mysteries that  I started piecing all the way back in 2018.  

I think I will also try to work on a pieced backing for "En Provence" too. 

The top with the border embellishments I added on. 

It's the last backing that I need to make for a finished Quiltville top.  Who knows, maybe by mystery end, I could also get at least one of the top and backing sets I have ready finally quilted too!  

Will you be participating in this year's mystery season?  If you've never participated before, I wrote a blog post about some of the tips that I have learned over the years about how to get involved without letting it overwhelm you.  In fact, one of the tips involves not even making the actual mystery quilt!  You can check them out here.

Nothing like the mystery season to get your Quiltville project dreams flowing!  Whether you work on this year's new project or an old one, come join this worldwide group activity and share your progress with other Quiltville fans!

1 comment:

Vireya said...

I'll be collecting the instructions, but not participating at the moment. I really have way too many unfinished things that are weighing on me.

Good luck with your alternate projects! Maybe I will get last year's mystery top finished (it just needs borders)?