Monday, April 10, 2023

Moving It Forward Monday

 The APQ Scrap Happy top is done!

There is a column of neutral squares on each side to complete the top.
A future queen-size quilt in honor of my love of scrappy quilts! 

I Forgot To Add!  Right before I finished sewing together this top, I happened to see this video by Tracey of "The Sewing Channel" on You Tube.  She had a good tip (starting at 2:53) for a top like this that has so many seams along the edges.  She showed how it was a good idea to run a line of stay stitching about 1/8" from the edge of quilt tops with lots of seams in order to keep them from opening up as you handle the top going forward.  Good idea and done!!
 

The next steps on this will be to decide on a backing and finalize the quilting plans.  

However, all of that can't happen until after I finish the raffle quilts and the AQS/Accuquilt Log Cabin Quilt Along.

Today's focus is to make the last of the black basket blocks for the Butterfly-version quilt (see the pastel version in progress here).  I would need to get the tops for both versions completed by at least the end of the week if I'm to have any hope of having these ready in time. 

1 comment:

Vireya said...

Congratulations on getting the Scrap Happy top done! It looks great! I do love that design.