Monday, July 7, 2014

My List for the 3rd Quarter of the 2014 Finish Along

http://www.the-littlest-thistle.com/p/finish-along-2014.html

I'm making a list and checking it twice so for the 3rd quarter of the 2014 Finish A-Long let's see if I'm going to be naughty or nice!  Katy Cameron of the The Littlest Thistle blog  is our host this year.  I did pretty well last quarter and have another ambitious list of things I'd like to get done over the next three months.  However, it is Summer and the challenge will be to try to keep up the pace even as activities or just the desire to just "chillax" tempt me. 

So still on the list from the previous quarter are:  

1.  Spring Fling


The plan last quarter was to get this done as part of a plan to freshen up my bedroom for Spring along with the Fabric Gal quilt that I did finish.  I'd still like to get this Jan Patek wall hanging done because I have another wallhanging that you will see later in this list that I want to be able to hang in the Fall.  

2.  Civil War Lap Quilts

I started off last quarter with these two partial sets of blocks....
 

...and during the quarter I got one of them to this:


My hope for this quarter is to finish both of these or at the very least get them to the flimsy stage.  The blocks are for two lap quilts featuring Civil War reproduction fabrics.  Both are from quilt patterns by Kaye England, one from her  "Re-Piecing the Past" Craftsy class and the other from her book "A Civil War Legacy".  I now have one block left to make for the "Legacy" quilt and scrappy sashing to piece for both.  The border, backing and binding fabrics for both are already in house.  When finished, these will be added to a gallery of reproduction quilts I have made.

3.  Civil War Chronicles


Another addition to that CWR gallery (and to be displayed on my bed) will be this quilt when it's finally quilted. This was one of the projects I worked on during Sinta Borland's BOM Rehab when she hosted it on her Pink Pincushion blog in 2012.  Now I need to "Quilt Whisper" the completed top and tackle the big challenge of quilting it.

4.  A Gift Quilt and Tote Bag


As noted in the last quarter these are the fixins' to make a a fish-related quilt and produce-related market bag that will be a gift for my neighbors.  It will also be a chance to make a pattern from an (e)book ("Man Cave Quilts") so it will also be my July (or August or September) "Let's Book It!" project whenever I do get it started. 

New to this quarterly UFO list are a lot of projects I'd like to get done in anticipation of Fall:

5.   Heart & Home Wool BOM
 
As noted with the earlier "Spring Fling" project, I have this similar PhD (Project Half Done) that I'd like to try to finish up for display in the Fall when that season comes around again.  This is another of the projects I worked on during the Pink Pincushion blog BOM Rehab session in 2012.  Half the blocks are done and I would like to put it to bed (or actually above my bed!) once and for all.  

6.  Autumn Double Wedding Ring


This is one of the last of my "bucket list" projects and I did a lot of work on it in 2012.  All that's left to do is add the applique borders and quilt it.  Of course, none of that is as simple as it sounds which is why it's been sitting for so long!

7.  Denim Blue Lagoon Quilts


These will be heavy winter quilts for my two sons' beds.  They are also an attempt to do some String Quilting" so if I make any progress on these I will also be linking it up to the String Thing Along.

8.  Hallowe'en 1902 and Midnight Silhouette


The original plan was to layer these two seasonal quilts by Blackbird Designs back to back for some reversible Halloween fun.  But now I'm thinking they might get made up separately instead.  We'll just have to see what happens "When the Cold Wind Blows" (you BbD fans will get the reference).

I also STILL have a big and long overdue volunteer commission project and two Quilt of Valor mystery quilts (my first attempt at QOV) that I also want to work on.  But those projects are not part of this list.  Once again, I'm hoping that keeping myself busy but focused in general and being able to bounce between different projects will keep me fresh when I'm stumped on (or tired of looking at) any particular project. Here's hoping that the progress of the last three months will inspire the next three!  

Good luck to everyone joining in for what we all hope will be a very productive three months!

No comments: