Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Check in for the 2nd Quarter Finish-A-Long

http://www.the-littlest-thistle.com/2014/06/finish-along-quarter-2-finish-party.html

It's check in time for the the 2nd Quarter Finish-A-Long!  At the start of the year, I had not planned to participate in any "finishing challenges" but then at the last minute decided to sign up for this one starting with the 2nd Quarter.  It has turned out to be a good decision because I got a lot done!  I had nine projects on my original list and managed to finish six with one of the entries on the list comprising of three different (now completed) items!

Here's what got done this quarter (with links to the full post on each finish):

#1 from the pledge list was my Peach Mini Quilt:


#2 Fabric Gal


I also linked this one up for the May "Let's Book It!" Challenge at Vrooman's Quilts and even won a pin!


#6:  Liberty Hall finishing up as Sweet Land of Liberty



This was also my entry for the Spring Bloggers Quilt Festival

#7 Let Freedom Ring, another mini and the companion piece to "Sweet Land of Liberty"



And last but not least #9 from the pledge list: the Journal Covers which comprise three different finishes:






 

 Those last two are also my featured projects for the June "Let's Book It!".

I think the finishing percentage was greatly helped by the fact that most of these were smaller projects.  But a finish is a finish!

I didn't get to much on the rest of the list (and they will probably make another appearance on the 3rd Quarter list) but progress was also made on one:  Item # 4 on my pledge list was to finish the two lap quilts I'm making in Civil War Repros.  I did get the blocks completed on one of them and made some progress on the scrappy sashing needed for it:


So all in all a good quarter and hopefully a momentum that will continue for the rest of the year!  Do you have some UFOs you'd like to work on and need some incentive and support on that journey?  Then head on over to Katy at The Littlest Thistle blog and make your pledges to join in for the 3rd Quarter!

1 comment:

Katy Cameron said...

Congrats on your finishes!