Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Get It Done! February Recap, March Goals

Technically, I got less than half of the February list done but the finishes were so big and so satisfying, it felt like a win any way!

The February Goals, were:
 
1.  Finish quilting "High Strung +2".
 
 
DONE, including the binding (read about it here).
 
 2. Start on the Wholecloth project.  At worse, I'll get it basted, at best I'll get the quilting underway and this will be an ongoing project until whenever it gets done which could be mid-year, year-end or next year.
 
 
NOT DONE, so back on the list for this month.
 
 
3. Service the Featherweight. 
 
 
DONE and already put to work!
 
 
4.  Birthday Gifts (tentative).  I have two friends (husband and wife) whose birthdays are a day apart in February.  The wife's job recently moved and she asked for something to decorate her new cubicle.  Since I have made her other things before, I have long wanted to also make her husband a quilt.  Last year, I had finally found a pattern and fabric for it.  Unfortunately, I'd have to get on these in the next week to make their birthdays.  However, I might just start them and send "Happy Birthday IOUs" until I can get the actual gifts to them.
  
 
NOT DONE, still PIGS* and will have to go on the back burner (and off the list) for now.
 
5.  Start on the Baby Quilt:  I've got to keep this one on the list because I definitely want to (finally) get this in gear.  Once again, I'd like to at the very least finalize my plans for which quilt I want to make and stash the supplies for it. 
 
 Also NOT DONE but this one must stay front and center.  Got to get to it!
 
6.  The "Secret Project".  This one is for the DH and while I don't think he reads my blog, I will be working on this in secret at home with just glimpses here on the blog.  Need this one by April so need to get started if I'm even to come close!
 
 
Also a PIG* and NOT DONE but has a deadline so must get started on it. 
 
 
* PIG = Project In a Grocery bag
 
I'm a little torn going forward.  I'm pleased with the progress I made last month.  The success was partly from keeping the list light but also giving myself a realiastic picture of what I needed to get done to accomplish the list.  
 
The Bullet Journal has been a big help in that department because I not only list what I want to do but also list all the steps of each project separately and actually consider how long I think it will take me to do each one.  As each week progresses, I see where I stay or fall off schedule and adjust (or more often eliminate!) accordingly.  Doing so in advance also quickly helps me put in perspective how much to add to the list --- meaning once the "To Do" list is threatening to run past two pages, it's time to regin it in!   
 
So in order to make a list of the March Goals,  think I need to start with the priorites and work my way down to the possibilities:
 
1. Start on the Wholecloth project:  Like last monthat worse, I'll get it basted, at best I'll get the quilting underway and this will be an ongoing project until whenever it gets done which could be mid-year, year-end or next year.
 
2.  The "Secret Project":  Because I need this one by April, I have to get this started now.  This one is for the DH and while I don't think he reads my blog, I will be working on this in secret at home with just glimpses here on the blog. 
 
3.  Start on the Baby Quilt:  O.k. time to (finally) get this in gear by at the very least finalizing my plans for which quilt I want to make and corralling the stash and supplies for it. 
 
4.  Projects for the Home:  I don't know about you but it's already starting to feel like Spring to me.  I want to start Spring cleaning and along with that spruce up the house.  I have any number of projects that I want to do along those lines but the top five are two kitchen wallhangings, two runners and a pillow cover.  I'm going to play this by ear though and plan to tackle one at a time and see what I get done.
 
5.  Quilt Chronicles:  I realize that I still have the last of my Civil War Series quilts to finish.  It's a big one and one that I want to custom quilt.  This is the most ambitious thing to try to accomplish but if I could do it, would be a load off my mind and my Flimsie shelf!
 
Hopefully, this will be another month, another stitch, another finish!



No comments: