Monday, January 22, 2018

On Ringo Lake Update: Moving On To the Blocks!

Whew!  It took all weekend (and a few stragglers finished this morning) to finally finish piecing the last of the parts for Bonnie Hunter's "Ringo Lake" mystery:


It got a little dicey as I had miscounted how many neutral triangles I had already cut for all of those Part 3 and 5 corners and had to cut more.  I've used up all the neutral stash I had for this project so it meant digging in the Scrap Users bin for a few more strips to cut from.  I also dug into the Scrap Triangles bin I keep for all of those cut off triangles from projects to see if I could find some that could be cut down for use here.


I try to keep the triangles in that bin sorted into baggies by approximate sizes (Micro, small, medium, large and deluxe/setting sizes).  I've used some before to make a journal cover and have a number of patterns already picked out for a "one day" All-Or-Mostly-Triangles project.  So now all the "Ringo" Parts 1 - 6 units are all snug together in its project box.


But not for long -- now I can focus on piecing the blocks together!  Part 7 of the mystery is to piece together the coral and brown flying geese into one unit.  I've decided to just do that as part of the overall block piecing.


What's great is that can be done leader/ender style along with the rest of the "En Provence" blocks and sashing (from last year's mystery) that I also have to finish piecing.  I figure a block a day each should be doable.  I guess I can honestly say Monday IS so good to me!


Linking up with other Monday Movers for Moving it Forward Monday over at Em's Scrapbag.

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do admire Bonnie Hunter's designs in her quiltalongs. Never tried one yet.

Julie in GA said...

Congrats on completing all the units you need for On Ringo Lake. I need to figure out how many more are needed for mine--I know I still have more flying geese and chevron units to make. So many pieces!

Ramona said...

Using one mystery quilt as the leader/ended for On Ringo Lake is a great idea! Finishing two quilts at once will be wonderful. Slow and steady wins the race!