Friday, February 21, 2020

BOMs Away 2020 Week 7: Modern Bohemia


Whew!  After getting the Girl Scout quilt to a top I was finally able to start die cutting the blocks for this month's Churn Dash BOM blocks.  I had picked out the fabrics a few days ago and at that time, I had a clear idea of what I wanted to pair with what.  I guess I should have stacked the combinations together instead of just quickly chucking everything into a storage box!  When I set to combining them last night, suddenly the combinations weren't so intuitive.

However, I picked and die cut what I could before heading out last night to my community garden's the first meeting of the 2020 garden season.

So this is what got pieced today:


Two more 12 inch, three more nine inch, two more six inch but only one 3 inch this month.  Even now as I look at these up on the wall, I think after next month's set, I want to try adding a few where the "print" is in the background and the tone-on-tone is in the foreground.  I'll have to plan some extra time to layout the blocks I have at that point and set up for the change ups to be made in April.

So with this week's BOM work completed, I'm headed over to Lynette's at What A Hoot Quilts to link up and see what other BOMs were worked on this week and to offer condolences for her family's recent loss of a young relation.

No comments: