Thursday, February 6, 2020

BOMs Away 2020 Week 5: Christmas Figs

For this week's installment of BOMs Away, I'll be linking up with the co-host of the "BOMs Away" link-up, Katie over at "Katie Mae Quilts".


I'm back to working on the Christmas Figs BOM.  After completing the first two blocks last month (Block #1 is here and Block #2 can be seen here), I thought I'd be working on the next two blocks in the sampler.  However, I had a lot of work I wanted to also get done on another project and a workshop to prepare for so needed some easier blocks to tackle this week than the next two in the book.  I picked these two to work on instead:


This is the Nine Patch block which is Month 3 in the book.


This one is called "Milky Way" and is the second of the Month 3 blocks.  Again the challenge for me in a BOM like this is that since I'm working from a stash I collected rather than the exact fabrics outlined in the book, I have to try and "play designer" and pick out my own fabric combinations.

Next month I plan to go back and do the Month 2 blocks so know that I'll have to plan to start my prep a few days ahead to allow myself enough time to tackle what I expect will be challenging blocks.  Forewarned is forearmed!

No comments: