Wednesday, January 15, 2020

BOMs Away 2020 Week 2 - #3 (or technically #1B): Christmas Figs


Linking up to Lynette over at What A Hoot Quilts! with the last of my BOM blocks for this week:



The second Month #1 Block for the "Christmas Figs" BOM is done!  It was a bit of a challenge to try to pick an interesting fabric combination.  I  wanted to use three different lights in the inner rounds. These were the only three in the stash I have that I felt came close to working the way I wanted.  Picking coordinates to go with them meant the colors of the block kind of tracked with what was used in the original quilt which used a (darker) green center and a red print in the corners.  Finished it just in time since I have to run out to a community meeting in a little while.  I still need to add narrow sashing strips around it so will add that tomorrow.

Also done were more combo blocks for the "Old Tobacco Road" mystery.  Glad to keep moving along on those too!

Next week it'll be on to the next BOM!

2 comments:

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

That is a neat block for your BOM - and your old tobacco road is coming along great!

Kate said...

Great progress for this week. Happy stitching this weekend.