Saturday, January 4, 2020

Catching Up To the Frolic Folks!

Bonnie posted both the last "Frolic" part of 2019 and the first of 2020 this week!  The surprise Part 6 clue is available here and this week's regularly scheduled Part 7 clue can be found here.


After finishing the little mini iron tote yesterday and confronted with a last minute rescheduling of the follow-up Girl Scout workshop,  I now had some free time to work on my own mystery project.

I'm not doing "Frolic" (yet!) but have been trying to bring "Old Tobacco Road" closer to a finish. This week, I'm once again in step with the Frolic-ers.  For Part 6 they had to make Flying Geese.  Well, Tobacco Road needs that too for its Part 5!  The OTR FG are a different size than the Frolic FG and are scrappy but we are still in piecing sync!


I got a nice stack done but still have some prepped ones to split apart and need to cut some more "Sky" background squares to make more blocks from the "Geese" squares I had cut back when I set up this project.

Part 7 has the Frolic-ers taking their HSTs and making Pinwheels. Well, I had already been doing that for OTR so could just continue like I had been doing.  Even with the additional sets I managed to get made, I still have many more to go!


When the Pinwheels and Flying Geese are all done, I'll have to get back to work on my "Make It Scrappy" quilt.  To continue with OTR, I'm going to need the design wall and right now "Scrappy" is in residence there.


I still have a set of filler Arrow blocks to pick fabrics for which will go next to the word "Make".  Once they are done, I can put that top together and clear the wall space.  Since I have plans for the rest of the weekend, I don't know if I'll get to sew any more.  Hopefully, I can set up some "fifteen minute sewing" sessions during the week. 

1 comment:

Vireya said...

All those flying geese and pinwheels were well-timed for you this week!