Friday, January 10, 2020

It's Frolic Friday and OTR is Up To Date!

Bonnie dropped the latest part of the the current Quiltville mystery this morning (she's so efficient that way!).  Part 8 for "Frolic" can be found here.


This week Bonnie has the Frolic Folks piecing together three color Flying Geese from triangles they cut in the previous parts.  She is preparing them to bring the accumulated units made in all the parts together.   In the next part, the blocks will be made up that will go into the final layout.  Exciting!!

As for me, I am once again in step working on the old Quiltville mystery "Old Tobacco Road".  I finished the last of the Part 2 Pinwheels and the Part 5  Flying Geese for the outer border this week.  When I was done, I looked at the next (for me) part which is Part 3.  I too will be putting together units for the blocks that will go into the final layout.  On review of it, I also discovered that I had overlooked making two additional units:  Half Four Patches in Part 1 and Half Pinwheels in Part 2.  Those didn't require much so I got those done too!


So now OTR will become a leader/ender for other projects as I use all my units to start making up the Part 3 blocks.  I will also need to recount the bricks I cut in the beginning (in the center in the picture below) and confirm that I will have enough for when I start to do the final layout in Part 4.


As noted before, this also means I need to finish the last blocks of "Make It Scrappy" so I can have the design wall empty for working on the OTR layout.  Guess that will be the first project OTR will leader/ender for!

1 comment:

Vireya said...

That's terrific! You are going to have OTR assembled in no time.