Thursday, June 11, 2020

Quarantine Quilting Update on Flimsie #3

Last design update on my GE Designs "Hope" Quilt Along project:

The main reason I decided to add borders to the top was to bring it to the minimum size needed for a Quilt of Valor.  My finished block layout had been a few inches short of the minimum width for a QOV.  However, to keep it balanced, I added the same borders to both the sides and the top and bottom.

I think in the end it also helps to corral the busy center and bring more focus to the words in the center medallion as compared to the layout without borders.  Additionally, it offered another opportunity to add more of the star appliques which I think brings out the ones in the center even more too.

Some recent developments have upended my quilting plans for June.  Will have to see going forward how everything pans out.  I will say that my Quarantine Quilting frenzy has been nice while it lasted!


Rebecca Grace said...

Your QOV quilt looks really good, Vivian. I hope whatever has come up unexpectedly for you is positive in nature. Sending you warm fuzzies either way!

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Borders look great, I like your QOV.