Last Week's Goals:
- Continue to work on the quilting on the Amish Doll Quilt. Some done but it's still a slow go.
- Make one block for the Sage Sampler. Didn't touch it.
- When the fabric comes, make the "Blue & White" Doll quilt top. Nope, still has not arrived.
Finish the machine applique of DWR block centers in prep for Thanksgiving trip.Well, something was accomplished!
Nope, sorry correct that - it turned out DH had taken the day off and after Picture Day we had to go shopping because my MIL, who I am traveling down to see tomorrow, was in town. When she lived here in New York she, I and a friend of hers used to get together to quilt. But since she has moved, our schedules have not allowed us to link up. She asked if she and her friend could come by since her friend needed help layering a quilt. Normally, my MIL hosted our sessions because she had the most space. Since we'd only work on her friend's quilt, I said yes. Yes, with all that hosting entails. We had a great time working in my little space but that meant no time Saturday to do my stuff. The good news was that I had to clear my table for the layering so I think I will leave it that way until I come back and can work on layering some of my own quilts on my return.
I thought I'd have my own mini-quilt-a-thon on Sunday but after the long week the only thing I did was stay in bed and rest. Monday, I'd planned a longer day at the library because Tuesday and Wednesday I had planned to spend both days doing some baking for the trip. My MIL also put in requests for some additional things so that meant more to do on my baking days.
So I did finish the rest of the DWR applique blocks and the outline quilting of the border motifs on the doll quilt but encountered a problem when I started on the middle. Namely, seam allowances! The Hand Quilting class project I did was a wholecloth design so I wasn't prepared for just how much resistance seams put up in hand quilting. So far, I've tried to stab stitch at seam intersections but I may also try changing to a larger quilting needle (I am using a 10). But all of that will have to wait until after the holiday!!
This Week's Goals:
- Finish the DWR top while down in NC.
- On my return, continue to work on the quilting on the Amish Doll Quilt.
- Make one block for the Sage Sampler.
- When the fabric comes, make the "Blue & White" Doll quilt top (received notification that the order has shipped and should arrive by Monday at the latest).
- Layer some quilts (but we'll see how that goes).