Last Week's Goals:
- Finish the DWR top while down in NC. Nope, did some more prep work but didn't get the blocks together.
- On my return, continue to work on the quilting on the Amish Doll Quilt. Nope, haven't had time--Yet.
- Make one block for the Sage Sampler. Nope didn't have time before or after the trip.
- When the fabric comes, make the "Blue & White" Doll quilt top (received notification that the order has shipped and should arrive by Monday at the latest). Fabric did arrive while we were gone but work on it will have to get added to this week's list.
- Layer some quilts (but we'll see how that goes). Nope but there are big hopes for this week!
- PLANNED BUT NOT ON THE LIST: Help my MIL finish the borders on three Xmas gift quilt tops -- Done.
The down side was that I didn’t get much work done on my own project while away. I pieced together all the curved scraps cut from the applique centers and trimmed them into the melon pieces that will go between the arcs (but will need to cut more straight from fabric) and cut most (but not all) of the red corner squares but that’s about it. I also tried to start laying out my DWR blocks but had to do so on a bed since my MIL doesn't have a design wall. I found that wasn't enough space nor visually helpful to look at on a flat plane.
Long before the trip I had purchased supplies to make a portable design wall using the plans in this tutorial and had planned to put it together and bring it on the trip. But all the extra baking I had to do before we left nixed that. So once back home (and after all the post-trip laundry and shopping that needed to be done), I made the wall since I really need a big one for these blocks. I modified the original design so that I have a second support leg (using the leftover 4 ft cut) so I can stand the wall vertical (tall) or horizontal (wide) as needed.
As noted above, the fabric for the blue and white doll quilt did come in while we were away so hopefully I can finally get back to that little project.
|Original fabrics on the left, new additions on the right.|
And I did get a Dritz Quilting Needle Assortment while in NC. They are much heavier than the Clover needles I’ve been using and I have a lot of sizes so now should be able to make good progress on finishing the quilting on the Amish Doll quilt. Also while down there, my MIL took me to a local quilt shop where I found this beauty of a polka dot batik FQ assortment, a batik FQ to add to my Batik Storm-At-Sea project stash and some Robison-Anton rayon threads that were on sale and may be able to use to quilt two tops I have waiting.
This Week's Goals:
- Finish the quilting on the Amish Doll Quilt (she said, fingers crossed!).
- Make the blue and white doll quilt top.
- Finish the DWR top.
- Layer #2, #3, the Christmas Tree skirt and the Crumb top for quilting (while my table is till clear!)
So yet another ambitious week but hopefully not another with unexpected challenges to block the blessings of some finishes. Now head on over to Bari's and see what projects everyone else is starting their December off with.