Thursday, February 9, 2017

February Quilt-A-Thon Day 2

It's  Day 2 of Judy's February Quilt-A-Thon over at her blog Patchwork Times

http://www.patchworktimes.com/2017/02/09/february-quiltathon-day-2-2/
 
Here in NYC it's a great day for a Quilt-A-Thon because.....
 
 
....we're in whiteout mode!  That picture was taken about 8 AM this morning and it's still snowing and expected to continue until about 4PM today.  I can measure the accumulation just by looking at my terrace.

 
Wouldn't have made a difference for me either way since I hadn't planned to go anywhere but does make staying in more cozy!  I had shopped on Monday and picked up some extra milk before heading to my meeting last night so we're all set if we have to stay in for a few days.
 
Late Afternoon Weather Update:
 
 
This was the accumulation reading around 3 PM which is around the time the snow was slowing down.  Note the change in the mound of snow on the raised planter in the upper right corner.
 
The bad thing about a Snow Day is that everyone is home!  Taking a couple of calls cut into my sewing time so I had to work late to get what I wanted to get done finished.
 
 
The Quilt-A-Thon agenda today is pretty much the same as yesterday:
 
Finish the last two borders of the gift quilt and hopefully get it layered and maybe even partially quilted.
 
 
 The backing is going to be fleece so it may not need batting.  Then again, the fleece is dark so it might need batting to cut the show through in the light areas.  I'm also hoping to start the mug rug for the wife of the golf quilt giftee.  We'll see on that. 
 
Evening Update:
 
 
All the borders are now on.  I had to change my plans a bit because I ran low on fabric hence the added corner squares and (although it can't be seen) quite a bit of "poverty piecing" of the strips in the last border.  Checking on the backing and starting the mug rug will have to wait another day.
   
I will also finish the Scrappy Trips block started last night as a leader/ender while sewing on the first borders.
 
 
Evening Update:  Done!
 
 
I also expect to finish pressing open the En Provence QST triangle sets. 
 
 

Evening Update: Also Done!
 

 
 
If I can, I'll start sewing the sets for the other parts.

 
 
Nope, for another day.
 
I'll be updating this post at the end of the day with what I get done.  If you're also snowed in (or even if you're not), hope you can  join the fun!
 

3 comments:

maggie fellow said...

your weather is visiting from our state LOL. Great projects have fun sewing

Angie in SoCal said...

Like how you kept us updated. Great projects all. Congrats on your progress.

Anonymous said...

Oh, my. That's a lot of snow for NYC! Even New Jersey didn't get that much most of the time when I lived there. You have a lovely terrace, though, and I bet the neighborhood is lovely in the spring. You accomplished a LOT while I was on a day-long trip to Nashville!