Sunday, October 23, 2022

Slow Sunday Stitching: Trip Recap - Cross stitch Portion

We are back home from our two week trip to North Carolina.  Prior to the trip I had this much done on my latest cross stitch project (it's the one on the left, the one on the right was my first fully finished project):

In my last post I noted I had gotten a little more work done on it during the ride down and while we camped on the Blue Ridge Parkway:

Unfortunately, I had not prepped enough of the black floss for the trip and hadn't brought the full skein with me so had to wait until I could get some more.  

Fortunately part of the plans for the trip was participating in the All Carolinas (quilt) Shop Hop (which finishes up this week if you were planning to take part in it).  I was able to pick up the floss along with more needles since (newbie cross stitcher that I am) I also hadn't brought enough of those to carry all the color changes in the design. So during the rest of our trip (a visit with my MIL) and on the drive home, I made even more progress:


 Things learned on this leg of the stitching:  this pattern has proved to be harder for me to follow than I expected.  I flubbed some of the color placement in the leaf and start of the flower at the top and the left "L" for the word "will".  And I wasn't even drinking wine while stitching this, LOL!!

I don't think the leaf and flower stuff will show so it will stay as is.  I'm going to finish the word "will" and then decide if I am willing to unpick the "L" and re-do it.  Hopefully the flub will add to the charm of it or maybe I should backstitch an arrow and the words "Not Here" on it!

So cross stitch lesson learned:  carefully count and pay a little more attention to stitch placement.  Good thing I'm learning this very, very important lesson before I try this future full coverage project:

Heading back over now to see what other crafters are stitching up over at Kathy's Quilts!  What needles are you threading today?

1 comment:

Ivani said...

If you didn't point no one will note the wrong stitches on 'll'.
Open your hear ti new adventures is a wonderful project. Looking forward to seeing your progress on this one. Have a great week and happy stitching.