Friday, January 5, 2024

Quiltville Mystery Season: Indigo Way Part 7 and The Reveal!!

Did anyone else know Bonnie gave us a New Year's gift?!?

Well Bonnie sure surprised me!  I was in the Quiltville Open Studio on Facebook yesterday and people were posting pictures about their "Clue #7" blocks.  I was like, "wait it's not Friday yet is it?!?"!  It wasn't but Bonnie bestowed the clue early as she will be headed out of the country in a few days.  Once I learned that, I suspected that meant the last Clue #8 would be (and has) been released today!

This is also the final reveal of the finished "Indigo Way" quilt so go on over to Quiltville to get a good look at it as it is featured in her header photo at the moment.  It's a beaut but there was never any doubt on my part that it wouldn't be, LOL!!  Oh, this one definitely goes on my "must make" list!  

Bonnie also shares the last few bits of the Vietnam trip:  a beautiful temple, some cute "patio dancing" (there's a video!!) and the farewell dinner on the last night of the trip.  Everything that she has shared makes me really want to take a crafting trip!

If you are playing along with the mystery, in Part 7 you make Quarter Square blocks using the "special" fabric if you picked one for the project.  You'll combine those with the units made in Parts 1 and 4 to make "Block A" for the design.  In Part 8 you use the units made in Parts 2, 3 and 5 to make "Block B".  

In the final layout of the top, the blocks will be set on point.  A lot of people in the Facebook group had guessed that or at least had already liked the way their blocks looked set that way.  I also liked a lot of the alternate colorways on display there!  There will be a lot of "half and partial block" trimming to finish the center of the quilt, the addition of two sets of strip borders (with another chance to use your "special" fabric) and the units made in Part 6 will finish off the outer edge.

With the mystery season now completed, you have until the end of the month to download all the parts for free.  After that, Bonnie will compile it into a pattern and it can be purchased from the digital pattern section of her online shop

Well, my own mystery season is not quite over yet!  I am close to a finish on "Old Tobacco Road".  I have completed the quilting in the center and the centers of the Flying Geese in the second border:

I still have to stitch the inner border (probably just down the center), outline the triangles around the Flying Geese and then figure out how I will stitch the final outer border.  I have a feeling I will just outline stitch it as well but I have considered doing something free-motion/decorative.  I'll see how tired I am of all the quilting by the time I get to that point and that will help me make that decision, LOL!!   

And unrelated to the mystery season, Fall is finished for me too!  I've finally finished stitching the Thanksgiving cross stitch piece and it has been washed and dried.

Now all that's left to do is the "fully finishing" work.  I have to pick up some foam core board to back it with as my local craft stores don't carry large enough adhesive backer boards in stock.      

I'm sorry to see another mystery season go but it'll be back before I know it later this year!!

2 comments:

Vireya said...

Your Thanksgiving cross stitch looks great! Congrats on finishing the stitching part.

The Indigo Way reveal is tempting, isn't it? I'm wondering what other colours I could use if I made it...

Kathryn T said...

So good to see someone else on the Indigo Way trail. I had never used a tri recs ruler before and I won't know if they fit until I get to the places they have to fit into. I know I was off on measurements here and there but hoping it will work out!!