Friday, January 6, 2017

Patchwork Times Quilt-A-Thon - Day 2

OK, getting a little late start on my day today.  Yesterday afternoon, DS2 announced that he had friends coming over today.  That meant the need to get the house from "Quilt-A-Thon" clean to "Company" clean.  I was too tired to do it after yesterday's session so figured I'd work on that first thing today.  Now that that's out of the way, it's time to join Judy's Quilt-A-Thon for the day and quilt!

Yesterday I left off with the neutral strips cut for Bonnie Hunter's En Provence mystery:

 
 Today, I'll be sewing them up into four patches and possibly moving on to another part of the mystery if I can.
 
Evening Update
 
Grrr!  A lot of telephone interruptions today so didn't get as much done as hoped.  I managed to get seventy-seven four patches made up of the 221 total that I need. 
 
 
Tomorrow I'll need to cut out some more of the lighter toned neutral strips to finish up the rest of the set.
 
I'd also like to continue the label work and try again to quilt the Cardinals label but we'll see on that.
 
 
Didn't get to the quilting at all.  One of the interruptions was a call from the car dealer about our mini-van that's in for repairs.  Unfortunately, the mechanic that was working on it has a stomach flu (and threw-up right in the shop yesterday -- yikes!!) which explains why it wasn't ready when promised but they're trying to have it ready for pickup tomorrow.  Hopefully, that won't be until late in the afternoon and I can get up early and get a little something done before we have to head out.  So that's it for me today, I'm headed to bed!

No comments: