Monday, December 10, 2018

The Latest Update on the Good Fortune Mystery and my Quiltville Projects

The next installment of Bonnie Hunter's latest mystery dropped Friday!  Part 3 of "Good Fortune" has the mystery quilters making these units -- Bonnie is calling them "half chevron units".


 We made a similar unit last year for "On Ringo Lake" called "Diamond in a Rectangle".


  You can see how far everyone got by checking out Bonnie's link-up today.

Edited To Add:  Ooh, quilters are starting to play with the Good Fortune units!  Check out some of the block ideas Chris Simon has laid out on her design wall over on Instagram!  Very cool ideas!  Let's see if any of these match up to Bonnie's final design in January.

I'm not doing this year's mystery but my Quiltville fun still continues.  First off I've finished my "Scrappy Trips" top.


Right now it's slated to finish at 60 x 72 for a lap quilt.  However, I'm debating about whether to add borders (plain or pieced) or just layer quilt and bind which is the way I've seen most of them finished.  Deanne Eisenman of Snuggles Quilts recently did a great post  about fun pieced borders that has me considering that option.  Judy Laquidara had a great book on that a few years back as well.


Can't debate long on that one though because I'd like to make this another finish for this year.

So what's my next Quiltville mystery piecing adventure?  I had put together a stash of Civil War Repros to make one of Bonnie's early mysteries called "Double Delight".


So my new leader/ender project will be the parts for that.  I managed to get all the cutting done for Part 1 of that mystery and will be making the Square-In-A-Square units for it.


I'd love to keep up with "Good Fortune" and have this old mystery finished when the new one is revealed.  However, at this point I'm way behind what the current mystery is up to.  To help move things forward a bit, while doing the cutting for this part, I also started cutting for some of the future parts if they use the same fabric.


We'll see if I can catch up to them at some point!  Hopefully, I can get a good start on this project this week.  Enjoy yours!

No comments: