Sunday, April 11, 2021

April RSC This Week: Rainbow Scrappy Hearts and Rainbow Log Cabin Die Cutting


 I got more RSC work done this week between other sewing.

Last week I had finished up a Salmon Scrappy Hexagon block from January's pink set and also made one in this month's color of Light Blue.  However, since the dive for light blue fabrics had also dredged up a lot of bright blues, I decided to make one of the hexagons in that color too.  Then while the bright blues were out, I decided to make the next Scrappy Log Cabin Heart block in bright blue as well.

I also used one of the blue fabrics to die cut Log Cabin block strips for the Rainbow Log Cabin quilt project too.  

Since I was on a fabric pull roll and it didn't require any actual sewing, I picked some fabric squares in both light and bright blue as potential picks to be used in the Technicolor Rainbow Runner....

....and for the next Quilt In A Day Milky Way star blocks.  I will sew up the Milky Way HSTs when I connect on Skype with my MIL early next week.  

So with that I only have one more RSC project to pull fabrics for.  I think I will have to do that one in bright blue as I have more fabrics in that range laying around than in light blue.  We'll see what happens when I get a chance to work on it.

Linking up with So Scrappy to see how everyone has progressed for the month!

1 comment:

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Your heart and scrappy hexagon are beautiful. Fun and pretty! The new Milky Way star project looks fabulous!